VALUES FOR LIFE
At Saint David’s CiW Primary school we recognise the major influence that school and individual teachers have on developing values of the pupils we teach. Our pupils learn important Christian Values at school from relationships, everyday classroom interactions from the examples set by teachers and more formal attempts to engage in values education.
At Saint David’s CiW Church in Wales Primary School, Christian Values are transmitted through:
- The management, stated mission and aims of our school which is reflected in the ethos.
- Teachers’ example and use of moral language, which helps pupils to internalise ideas of what is acceptable and not acceptable in the living, working community of school.
- The subjects of the curriculum.
- Collective worship, which is an opportunity for school to explore together Christian Values.
- Learning that helps pupils to comprehend imaginatively the equal importance of other people and helps individual pupils in the search for meaning and the purpose of life.
Eighteen Values for Life have been selected, with us focusing on six values each academic year.